Join the Benevolent network
- Showcase your organization
- Reach a new group of donors
- Tell your story through your clients
- Fuel your clients' success
How it works
Let us know you're interested. Tell us how Benevolent can support your clients' success.
If you're a good fit, we'll invite you in. Read below about what we're looking for in our nonprofits.
3. You're in!
You and your clients submit needs. When one is met, you'll get a grant!
Why use Benevolent as a resource for your organization?
- We are a source of funds for your clients.
- We highlight the work your organization does.
- We expose your organization to a new network of donors.
- We put a face to the work you do.
- We highlight your staff—your validators represent the organization
Who? Your organization and Benevolent are a match if…
- Your nonprofit is a valid and upstanding U.S. 501(c)3 or religious institution.
- Your nonprofit works closely with low-income individuals and families.
- Your nonprofit has been accepted into Benevolent's network.
Where? Anywhere in the U.S.!
- Benevolent will partner with nonprofits in any state in the U.S.
- You can access all the resources you need from any internet connection.
- Benevolent is a year-round resource and community of support.
- Access our resources any day, any time.
Apply now »
What kind of need does Benevolent accept?
- It's a one-time need.
- The individual cannot overcome this need thru the social safety net, OR:
- Funding the need will allow the person to take advantage of an opportunity to progress.
- The need is under $700.
- Your nonprofit can validate that the need is real and important.
What is a validator and what does a validator do?
- A validator on the Benevolent site is professional at a nonprofit in our network.
- Validators identify individuals with one-time needs.
- Verify that the one-time needs are true and help is necessary.
- Share their professional profiles to show the good work they do.
What is a success story? See the results!
Apply now »
How do I post a need?
- Once your organization is in Benevolent's network you can start using all the tools you need!
- It will take the validator and potential recipient about 30–45 minutes to complete a need profile for the site
- The Benevolent team then reviews the need profile and posts it.
- Enjoy and repeat. There's no minimum or maximum number of needs you can post.
How does the money get to my client?
- When a need has been funded, Benevolent sends a grant to your organization.
- Your organization determines how best to use the grant (purchase the item online, pay the client's bill, shop with the client, …) and sends a receipt back to Benevolent.
- Both the validator and recipient share the good news with their donors.
How do I take a good photo and video?
- No need to be fancy—you can use a smart phone, webcam, or digital camera.
- You can take the photos and videos right in your office.
- Our easy photo and video uploader will allow you to send these photos to Benevolent.
How long will this take me?
- You can complete a need profile in 30–45 minutes with your client.
- Our easy-to-use guidance and profile-creator help you to tell the story.
Apply now »
Learn more »
Already a member of Benevolent's network?
Learn what it takes to create and manage needs.