Stephanie from Chicago, IL

I just moved to a new state. I need help reinstating my teacher's assistant license.

I am a certified teacher's assistant, but my current license is in another state. I have dedicated my whole life to taking care of children.

My need and situation

I am from Ohio, where I had 10 years working in a public school. I came to Chicago to seek out a better life after living for 30 years with my husband who did not treat me well. I have dedicated my whole life to taking care of children and I am very responsible.

My goals are to be a teacher's assistant or substitute aid. I have found a position as a teacher's assistant at Hanson Park Elementary School that may lead into a permanent position, but was told that I need to get my para-professional license to obtain the job.

I need $100 to pay the fee required to get my license. I am certified, but my current license is in Ohio. This fee will help my get my IL license so that I can work here.

Meeting this need will help me because I will have regular employment that will allow me be able to pay my rent and pay for my daughter to go back to school.

$10of $100


1 supporter helped so far

5 days remaining



This need has been validated by Kayla from Center for Changing Lives

Recent supporters

  1. $10



Validated by Kayla from Center for Changing Lives (What does this mean?)

Gladys has been working with CCL on her computer skills and employment goals. She is motivated and consistently comes to meetings with ideas and leads. Getting this license will be a major step to achieving her goal of reentering the childcare workforce and we are excited to see her succeed.

About Kayla

I am a Resource and Connection Coordinator with Center for Changing Lives. I work to mobilize resources for and with clients in support of achieving their goals. CCL clients work hard to set and achieve goals that will move them forward and improve their lives and I feel honored to be a part of… Read more