The mission of Benevolent is to bring dignity and self-determination to both sides of the giving equation, illuminating the realities of life on the edge of sustainability.
How We Give is Transforming
For people living in low-income circumstances, making progress toward personal goals and self-sufficiency can hinge on a one-time need or opportunity—like a uniform to take a certain job, car repairs to keep a job, a security deposit to leave domestic violence behind, or critical help at a time of unforeseen challenge.
How does a person with no discretionary income access the support to clear the hurdle? That's where you come in. Benevolent makes it simple, transparent and secure for those who can help to step into the stories of those who are striving to reach their goals, sustain their families and clear one-time hurdles.
Benevolent is the meeting place. Here, people tell their own stories and outline their needs. Here, local nonprofit professionals who know them validate their needs. Here, you can choose a need to support and give what you can. Join a flash mob of donors coming together to move a roadblock for someone on the way to goals and success.
Through Benevolent, everybody wins—people with needs, local nonprofits, and donors who are invited in to be part of the solution for someone.
Our Benevolent Values
- We believe in self-starters. We want them to keep moving toward security and stability.
- We believe in strategic giving that makes an impact at any amount.
- We believe that people want to make a difference, especially for one person who needs their support.
- We believe that when we act to do the small, right thing for another person, we ourselves are transfomed.
- We believe in all those inspiring, determined people who know where they're going.
- We believe in the inspiring, responsive people who want to help.
- We believe that by transforming how we give, we create stronger connections and communities.
For More Information about Benevolent's founding, leadership, team, approach, and successes, we encourage you to peruse the links on the right.